Converting from a Rap Man to a BFB 3000

1 reply [Last post]
Robert F

Hello,  I've completley rebuilt my RapMan into what is esentially a 3000.  Now I'm changing the firmware and have run into a snag.  My machine uses a v3.3 board, and it never had tool type resistors and worked fine with the RapMan firmware.  Unfortunately, when I install BFB3000 firmware, I cannot get the extruders to heat.  Everything else works, and I've tried a veriety of tool type resistors with no luck. 

The reason I want to change to the 3000 firmware is that I want to add a tool wiper at the rear, like the 3000 has.  I don't care for the way the Rap Man homes extruder 1 on the left side, and extruder 2 on the right.

PhilipSA

Hi Robert, i cant help with the problem, but i am also in the proces of changing my rapman 3.2 to basically a 3dtouch 3000, meaning i will get to same problem.

what i want to do is make the sliders for x and y and the corners the same principle as the 3000, and a centre ball screw drive at the back, the chalenge is that the 3000 had 3mm pitch against the 3.2 with 1mm on the 8mm shafts. So this also made me wonder if must stay with rapman firmware and use as rapman (but with beter accuracy after change) or to go route you went. a popular ball screw size is 16mm with 5mm pitch, which means i cant drive directly from stepper and must put pulley system in to get correct ratio. there is 3mm options but very expensive,

Did you get your heating problem sorted,

Will stay in touch

Philip